A derailleur hanger is a small piece of metal that is designed to bend or snap to protect the frame of a bike. Derailleur hangers are also known as mech hangers, rear mech hangers, hanger dropouts, mountain bike hangers, road bike hangers and cast hangers. They are usually attached to the rear frame of a bike, near the derailleur.
Carrying a spare cast hanger is always strongly recommended as these can break at any given time, whether you are close to home or on the other side of the world on a cycling holiday. To reduce any inconvenience, carrying a spare mech hanger allows cyclists to replace their derailleur hanger and get cycling again within minutes, rather than having to order a new one and wait 2-5 working days to receive it.
At BETD, we have over 20 years’ experience in the mountain bike component and road bike components industry. We boast over 400 CNC machined derailleur hangers, all made from 6082 T6 aluminium. All of our mech hangers promise superior strength, amazing durability and great shifting, which make them your robust and premium, yet affordable upgrade from a standard cast hanger. Not to mention they all come in a black anodised finish, which makes this perfect for any bike. We are proud to say that all of our derailleur hangers and bike components are designed and manufactured right here in the UK, Stoke-on-Trent.
If you are unsure of which derailleur hanger is right for your bike, then do not hesitate to contact us via telephone, email, live chat or social media. We are available for on-hand support and aim to get back to our customers as soon as possible!
Derailleur Hanger 426
Derailleur hanger 426 retails at a price of £19.99 is suitable for the Boardman SLR 8.9 Carbon.
You can shop mech hanger 426 here: https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/derailleur-hanger-426
Boardman SLR 8.9 Carbon spec:
- Boardman bike has C7 Carbon in the frame and fork.
- The new frame has been designed to combine stiffness and ride quality of the old Road Team Carbon.
- Has aerodynamic tube profiles that give cyclists an increased speed with the same effort.
- Has features such as an integrated seat clamp to reduce any drag.
- The bike offers a dropped seat and a full carbon fork that helps maintain comfort.
- Boardman bike responds instantly when power is turned down thanks to a stiff, oversized PF86 bottom bracket.
- Mudguard mounts and clearance for 28mm tyres make this bike perfect for year-round riding and commuting.
- Is built with Shimano 2 x 10 speed Tiagra groupset, Boardman tubeless ready wheels and Vittoria Rubino tyres.
For more information visit the Boardman Bikes website: https://www.boardmanbikes.com/gb_en/products/2122-slr-8.9-carbon-grey.html