What Is A Derailleur Hanger?
A derailleur hanger is a small piece of metal that is designed to bend or snap to protect the frame of a bike. Derailleur hangers are also known as mech hangers, rear mech hangers, hanger dropouts, mountain bike hangers and road bike hangers. They are usually attached to the rear frame of a bike, near the derailleur.
Carrying a spare derailleur hanger is always strongly recommended as these can break at any given time, whether you are close to home or on the other side of the world on a cycling holiday. To reduce any inconvenience, carrying a spare mech hanger allows cyclists to replace their derailleur hanger and get cycling again within minutes, rather than having to order a new one and wait 2-5 working days to receive it.
At BETD, we have over 20 years’ experience in the mountain bike component and road bike components industry. We boast over 400 CNC machined derailleur hangers, all made from 6082 T6 aluminium, so we are confident you will find the perfect mech hanger for your bike. All of our mech hangers promise superior strength, amazing durability and great shifting, which make them your robust and premium, yet affordable upgrade from a standard cast hanger. Not to mention they all come in a black anodised finish, which makes this perfect for any bike. We are proud to say that all of our derailleur hangers and bike components are designed and manufactured right here in the UK, Stoke-on-Trent.
If you are unsure of which derailleur hanger is right for your bike, then do not hesitate to contact us via telephone, email, live chat or social media. We are available for on-hand support and aim to get back to our customers as soon as possible!
Derailleur hanger 427 retails at a price of £19.99 is suitable for the VooDoo Bizango 29er and VooDoo Mambo 2017.
You can shop mech hanger 427 here: https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/derailleur-hanger-427
VooDoo Bizango 29er spec:
- The VooDoo Bizango has a 6061-aluminium frame.
- Contains Suntour Raidon 32Boost LOR-DS forks, 1 1/8” steerer.
- VooDoo bike comes with 1 x 11 drivetrain with Scram NX gearing.
- Has Shimano Deore 160mm rotor brakes which help with controlled stopping.
- Has 29” wheels, with Maxxis Ardent tyres.
- Extra details include reflective camo artwork, dropper post routing and slack and long geometry.
For further information on the VooDoo Bizango 29er bike, visit the Halfords website: https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/voodoo-bizango-29er-mens-mountain-bike-16-18-20-22-frames
VooDoo Mambo spec:
- Has a lightweight 6061 alloy frame.
- Comes with Rock Shox Recon RL forks with Air Adjust damping for tough trails cyclists may come across.
- VooDoo Mambo has a Sram NX 11 speed gear.
- Has Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes for powerful stopping.
- 5+ Maxxis Recon tyres give the bike incomparable grip.
- Extra details include reflective camo paintwork.
For more details on the VooDoo Mambo, visit the Halfords website: