Derailleur hangers are pieces of metal that are designed and shaped to absorb any strain put onto the frame of the bike to protect it from any damage. It is usually attached to the rear axle of your bike, and can also be addressed as a gear mech hanger or hanger dropout. Mech hangers will either bend or break when put under any strenuous activity, so it is always wise to carry a spare when cycling anywhere! (Unless you like walking 10-20 miles back home).
BETD’s Derailleur Hanger Collection
Boasting over 400+ CNC machined mech hangers, we are proud to say that our collection is the largest in the world. All of our derailleur hangers are made from 6082 T6 aluminium and come in a black anodised finish.
At BETD, we have 20 years’ experience in this field, which is why we are confident you will always find a derailleur that is a perfect fit for your bike. We are always working to a set timescale, to draw, develop and manufacture new derailleurs. All BETD and Middleburn products are manufactured right here in the UK, Stoke-on-Trent.
Customer service is at the heart of BETD, which is why we are always available for on hand advice. Whether it is via live chat, Facebook messaging, email or phone call!
Derailleur hanger 425 is designed to fit the Boardman MHT 8.9 Mountain Bike and retails at a price of £25.00.
Boardman MHT 8.9 Mountain Bike spec:
- Has Rockshox Reba RL forks, that are lightweight and fully adjustable.
- The Shimano SLX, 11 speed, provides a ‘no fuss’ 1x shifting. Not to mention the 46T cassette gives you assistance with any tough areas, not just hills.
- Comes with tubeless ready rims and tubeless Barzo TNT tyres.
- Has a lightweight alloy frame, with updated 2018 geometry.
- Contains lightweight but strong Shimano hydraulic brakes.
Full Details can be found on the Halfords website: https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/boardman-mht-8-9-mountain-bike
Shop derailleur 425 now: https://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/hanger-425