BETD are excited to announce a new release to the hanger family, the derailleur hanger 424. ‘What is a derailleur hanger?’ I hear you ask. It is a small piece of metal that is attached to the rear axle of your bike, it is also known as a rear mech or gear hanger. This hanger is designed to absorb any impact and strain that would be focused on the frame of the bike; it will bend or break off to protect the main body of the frame.
BETD’S Hanger Collection
We are proud to say that our derailleur hanger collection is the largest in the world, boasting an amazing 400+ CNC machined mech hangers that all have superior strength, shifting and durability. At BETD, we have 18 years of experience and expertise in this industry, which is why we offer a 100% fit guarantee.
Customer service is at the heart of BETD which is why we offer a bespoke service for all popular frames. We work to a set time schedule to develop and manufacture new derailleur hangers on time for new bikes. This not only broadens the BETD range, but fulfils and exceeds customers’ expectations too.
Benefits of the Derailleur Hanger 424
Our derailleur hanger 424 is fully CNC machined out of 6082 T6 aluminium, which all of our hangers are made out of. Not only does this material enhance the performance of bikes but also comes with a black anodise finish – all of which are manufactured right here in the UK, Stoke-on-Trent. It is a robust and cost-efficient upgrade from your standard derailleur hangers.
Derailleur hanger 424 is designed to fit the Carrera Crossfuse Electric Bike.
Carrera Crossfuse Electric Bike Spec:
- The range varies from 80km to 130km, which means it will only require to be plugged in twice/three times a month for commuters.
- There are four levels of assistance, ranging from Eco up to Turbo. Turbo is most likely to be used on a steep hill.
- The bike has a torque sensor, which delivers assistance from the Bosch Active Line Plus motor, depending on how hard you are pedalling. This makes your cycling experience much smoother, but is based on what level you choose.
- The bike weighs a total of 24kg.
- Features a 1×9 Shimano Acera groupset and Shimano hydraulic brakes.
- The Carrera Crossfuse has Schwalbe Tyrago tyres.
Full details on the Carrera Crossfuse Electric Bike can be found on Coach Mag and BikeRadar.